Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hidden Gun


Last week Chris asked me how I would feel if he told me that he had been keeping a secret from me for a year. I instantly knew that there was something going on and felt a little alarmed. So I asked him it would depend on what kind of secret. He told me he had made a purchase and didn't want me to freak out so didn't tell me about it. I finally convinced him to tell me and it turns out that he bought a gun without my knowing!! Not only did he keep it a secret from me but he hid it somewhere in the house where he could easily access it if he needed to. Now I have no problem with having guns in the house, I enjoy going out shooting with Chris and was taught gun safety early on from my dad. But part of that is knowing that my guns are locked up! I freak out thinking that we could have someone break into our home and find our guns and use them against us. Maybe that's me being paranoid but that freaks me out. Eventually when we have kids, that will add to the worry of having unlocked guns. So now I had to know where it was, and although I'm not going to share that with the blogging world, I can tell you that it has been right under my nose this whole time. I probably pass right by it several times a day and have had no idea! I guess because it is so well hidden, I will let him keep it there.

After all of this was out in the open and he knew I was sort of ok with it, the story continued. A few weeks ago, my sister Sarah and her husband Jon were here. Jon had just bought a new gun so brought it over to show us. I was in the kitchen cooking while he and Jon were bonding, examining their guns. Chris decided to tell him about the secret gun. I couldn't believe that he told someone else before I knew. While I was ranting about not being the first to know, he looked at me with that sheepish smile of his and started listing off the people who already knew about it. Mike Turner, you were one of them...I thought we were friends, traitor! I can't believe how many people knew about this secret gun and I had no idea.

While this is all still settling in, Chris starts to chuckle and decides its now time to insult me! "Don't you remember me talking about wanting a .45 for like a month, and then all of a sudden I totally stopped talking about it?!" No I don't remember, you talk about a lot of things that you want that I have to say no to. Here I am, staying so calm upon finding out about this huge secret, and he goes on to insult me. I couldn't freaking believe it. I am still shocked about the whole thing. I totally thought he was just joking when he first started telling me. He told me where to look and I thought I was just going on some sort of wild goose chase. But lo and behold, it was exactly where he said it would be. I'm still in awe that he kept it from me for so long.

So my question to you, is how many of you knew about this before I did? How many of my friends are traitors like Mike? No I wont be mad at you for telling me, I have forgiven Chris, right? I really just wanna know who can keep my secrets the best, for future reference.


Here is Chris showing off his new gun for the camera.

4 Comments:

Blogger TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

He just told me like a week ago. Now you know how I felt when you all knew about the paintball gun and I had no idea!! pieces of crap!! P.s. love the picture!

August 6, 2008 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger G Gang said...

Val, I didn't know. I bet Chris knew I couldn't keep a secret from you. I wonder if Jeff knew? No, I just asked him and he said no. I wouldn't be too mad, I guess. He was trying to protect his home... right....?????
BTW - I love the Dogg Blogg!!!

August 6, 2008 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Luke and Niki said...

We have know for a while Val. Just kidding! That is crazy, i would be mad not knowing! I dont mind guns though, i love going to the shooting range!

August 6, 2008 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Dave says he is pretty sure that Chris told him. However, girl to girl, I would have told you. Guns freak me out in gerneral, but what do you do with a husband who has owned his own gun since the age of 13. I will say that I will not let him keep one where he wants to keep it, which i believe is where Chris's is hidden now. I am emailing you my almost positive guess, (as well as Dave's memory) where it is hidden.
By the way, I love your music choices! I can and will copy you. :)

August 6, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home