Monday, August 11, 2008

Youth Conference

Chris and I spent this past weekend at youth conference. We had such a great time hangin' out with the Youth! We all met up on Thursday night. The conference was a medieval theme so we were all separated into 4 teams to compete against one another. We were the leaders of the red team aka Lions of the Phoenix Zoo. We spent the whole weekend doing activities to gain points. At each meal, the team with the lowest score had to eat a special meal...or rather, a very un-special meal. Lunch and dinner for the losing teams was canned chicken and crackers and breakfast was plain oatmeal with no sugar or anything. Luckily, the only "bad" meal our team had was breakfast. I happen to like plain oatmeal, as long as I can have some milk on it. On Friday morning we had a few classes then went ice skating. It was a nice way to spend a hot summer day. Saturday we did a service project pulling weeds at an organic garden at the U of A farms followed by mud football and later swimming. That evening, there was a special program followed by a fireside with our stake president. We had such a great time and are excited to be planning our stake youth conference in November.

Here we are showing our team colors...GO LIONS OF THE PHOENIX ZOO!!!And here's one of me looking SO cute!Here's the group getting ready to go ice skating.Here's Chris and I showing off our sweet moves.
This is our team on the last night waiting for Dinner.


4 Comments:

Blogger TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

i have such a love/hate relationship with this blog! I am dying because it is sooo funny but I can't help but think of you sitting at your computer laughing to yourself as you create these pics!

August 11, 2008 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Lions of the Phoenix Zoo! Sounds Fierce!! And I would be if I had to eat nasty unflavored oatmeal!

August 13, 2008 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger G Gang said...

You guys look pretty good ice skating on two legs.
I'm going to say it again - I love the Dogg Blogg!!!

August 13, 2008 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger mom said...

So fun! My favorite pic is you and Chris showing off your sweet moves! LOVE IT! So does dad!

August 16, 2008 at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home