Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My First Day of School

So as most of you already know, I decided to go back to school. Yesterday was my first day and I was so excited but nervous to start. I left my house at about 6:30 so I could make it early to my first class at 7:30. Luckily traffic wasn't too bad so I made it with plenty of time. I found my class very easily and when I walked into the room there was no one there. I looked at my schedule to double check the time and class room and everything looked right...I was so confused. So I walked back out and there was a sign on the door that had all the classes listed. So I scrolled through and found my class. I looked at all the details and right there, staring right at me, was a big fat PM. Yes, I am that RETARDED!! I swore when I initially registered for the class, it was first thing in the morning. I don't know how I overlooked it. I was so mad and feeling like I was just ready to cry before anything had even started. I guess the more I think about it, the more I think it was meant to be. If I would have known how much time was between classes, I probably would not have done it and delayed even being able to apply for the nursing program. So now I have a 6 hour gap between classes on Thursdays and about 3 on Tuesdays. I think it will just give me time that I have nothing else to do but study...it will really be a blessing in disguise I hope. So I ran a few errands and met Chris for breakfast burritos. So it ended up not being a total waste of a morning.

My first class is Chemistry. Nothing too exciting happened in there. I worked on some homework during my break and got a good amount done. Luckily there is a Target just about a mile or 2 from campus so I walked around there for a bit to kill some time. Finally at 7:30PM I went back to my "first" class, Anatomy and Physiology. I walked in and started looking around for somewhere to sit, and a very friendly girl waved me over to sit with her. She introduced herself as Tiffany and told me that she hadn't been to school in about 9 years and she was wanting to get into the nursing program. I was so excited to meet her, as I am in about the same situation. She is super sweet and I found myself instantly liking her and really clicking. I hope to be able to stay close with her and help each other get through this class and hopefully get into the nursing program together. I'm feeling nervous about being able to keep up with everything but Chris was able to give me a blessing the night before so I know I will have the Lord on my side and hopefully all will go well. I am so grateful to have the Priesthood in my home and to be able to take advantages of the many blessings it offers.

Today Chris surprised my with a "going back to school present". He bought me a new laptop so I can have it for school work. I had mentioned that I would like to maybe get one in the next few weeks so he just jumped on the opportunity and got it now. It will be so nice to have especially during my HUGE break. Thanks Babaloo for being so supportive and buying me such a GREAT present! I love it and know it will be a wonderful blessing in the coming months.

Here is a picture of me showing off my new present.

3 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

That is so funny about the time mix up! It is so funny to me how we can think we have "every angle covered" (name that movie)yet we are still unconciously(sp?) nervous that we over look the little things. Or in your case, a big thing.
I can't believe you have 3 science classes. That can be quite difficult. My sister just started 3 science classes and she just had baby #5, 3 weeks ago. Crazy!
Good for you and I am sure thast time will be nice to ahve to study!

August 28, 2008 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger mom said...

It was nice hearing about your first day.........this time in print! That's exciting about your new laptop too! Way to go, Chris.
He knows how to score points, eh?
Again, I'm so proud of you! And I love you lots!

August 28, 2008 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

I am just so excited for you!! I have had many a day wasting time between classes. just make sure you leave your wallet in the car.... otherwise you spend and spend and spend. My stopping spot was fiest mall (when I was at MCC) and Mill Ave (at ASU) I think thats how my credit card got racked up.

August 28, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home